- Did y'all see today's NYT op-ed by Hillary & Cecile? It's about those horrible draft regulations by HHS that would not only affect abortion, but IVF, end of life care, and, frankly, the ability of a business to hire people that will do the work of the business.
- Yale released its list of women friendly law firms. Also, being male means you make more as a lawyer (maybe because men have been in the legal profession longer or stay in firms?)
- The Economist says America's feminists have won.
- U.S. female soldiers are "'more likely to be raped by a fellow soldier than killed by enemy fire,' said Rep. Jane Harman (D-CA)"
- Jezebel reviews Palin's record on women's health.
- Divorce is becoming more acceptable in India. interference from the groom's mother is an oft-cited reason for filing for divorce. When I was in India we saw many cases of bride burnings and dowry deaths, so it's uplifting to think that a troubled marriage can end in divorce, rather than death.
- Japanese women don't want to be mommy to husband and baby. So they're not getting married. It reminds me of that whole stupid don't marry career women thing.
Health & Science:
- Giving women in labor antibiotics could be dangerous.
- Half of women surveyed would ask a friend to impregnate them if they didn't have a partner by some point in their lives.
- Gardasil approved for vulvar and vaginal cancers, in addition to cervical. I have two friends who have had vulvar/vaginal cancer. One died of it, which is very rare.